Your Career in Business Academia Starts Here
- Our program is oriented toward training students to take academic jobs at research universities.
- We offer five business disciplines: Accounting, Finance, Management, Marketing, and Operations and Information Management. Students receive strong training in their discipline.
- Each department typically admits two to four students per year with full assistantships, allowing each student to receive full faculty attention.
- AACSB International Extends Global Business or Accounting Accreditation For More Than Sixty Schools, Across Eleven Countries May 2, 2016AACSB International – AACSB International announced today that 64 business schools have extended their accreditation in business, and 24 schools have extended their accreditation in accounting. Read article (PDF)
- UConn Extends Biz School Accreditation May 2, 2016Hartford Business Journal – UConn has extended its accreditation in business and accounting with AACSB International, a global accrediting body. Read article
- What is the Role of Financial Information in IPO Pricing? April 19, 2016When pricing is being discussed for IPOs, are underwriters overlooking important financial information that could more accurately reflect the value of a start-up’s publicly offered stock? The answer appears to be so, said UConn accounting professors Michael Willenborg and Yanhua “Sunny” Yang in a paper titled “Issuer Operating Performance and IPO Price Formation.” Their work... […]
|Location||The Storrs campus is located 30 minutes from Hartford (the state capitol), 90 minutes from Boston, 150 minutes from New York.|
|Length of Program:||5 years|
|Study Options:||Teaching and Research Assistantships (tuition waiver; stipend with masters degree $22,060; subsidized health insurance)|
|Support for doctoral student conference presentations|