Your Career in Business Academia Starts Here
- Our program is oriented toward training students to take academic jobs at research universities.
- We offer five business disciplines: Accounting, Finance, Management, Marketing, and Operations and Information Management. Students receive strong training in their discipline.
- Each department typically admits two to four students per year with full assistantships, allowing each student to receive full faculty attention.
- Research Seminar with Suzanne Shu, UCLA Anderson School of Management February 1, 2016As part of Marketing Department Ph.D. student speaker series, Professor Suzanne Shu from UCLA Anderson School of Management gave a research presentation titled, “Risk, ownership, and loss in decumulation during retirement” on Friday January 29. This research seeks to better understand the psychological processes underlying Social Security claiming decisions. Specifically, higher perceived life expectations (which are subject to... […]
- Scholarly Recognition November 30, 2015Two OPIM Ph.D. Candidates, One Alumna Achieve Noteworthy Accomplishments Two UConn OPIM Ph.D. students and a recent program alumna have achieved noteworthy accomplishments in recent weeks. Alumna Lei (Michelle) Wang ’14 Ph.D., assistant professor at Penn State University, received the 2015 Nunamaker-Chen Dissertation Award at the Conference on Information Systems and Technology–INFORMS Conference 2015 for... […]
- Finance Professor Earns Fulbright Specialist Award November 11, 2015Shantaram Hegde Will Teach, Mentor, Encourage Colleagues in India One of the most respected and accomplished faculty members in the Finance Department has received a Fulbright Specialist Award to mentor doctoral students and faculty in India. Professor Shantaram ‘Shanta’ Hegde said he is pleased to have received the Fulbright, which is one of the most competitive,... […]
|Location||The Storrs campus is located 30 minutes from Hartford (the state capitol), 90 minutes from Boston, 150 minutes from New York.|
|Length of Program:||5 years|
|Study Options:||Teaching and Research Assistantships (tuition waiver; stipend with masters degree $22,060; subsidized health insurance)|
|Support for doctoral student conference presentations|