Your Career in Business Academia Starts Here
- Our program is oriented toward training students to take academic jobs at research universities.
- We offer five business disciplines: Accounting, Finance, Management, Marketing, and Operations and Information Management. Students receive strong training in their discipline.
- Each department typically admits two to four students per year with full assistantships, allowing each student to receive full faculty attention.
- Fishing, Healthcare, Power of Change June 17, 2015Improving the World is the ‘Husky Way,’ Luciano Tells Fellow Grads Margaret M. Luciano ’15 Ph.D., spoke at the graduate commencement ceremony about the importance of leading positive change, telling the audience that improving the world is the ‘Husky Way.’ To the old Chinese proverb, “Give a man a fish and you feed him for... […]
- Research Seminar with Ting Zhu, University of British Columbia May 22, 2015On the invitation of the Marketing Ph.D. students, Professor Ting Zhu from the University of British Columbia gave a research seminar about “Can Price Matching Defeat Showrooming?” on Friday, April 17th. This research studies the impact of Best Buy’s recent price-matching policy on the price competition between Best Buy and Amazon. Specifically, she examines whether... […]
- Business Hall of Fame Induction May 22, 2015Alumni Say Though Campus Has Changed, the Camaraderie at UConn Remains the Same The School of Business welcomed four new members to its Hall of Fame and paid tribute to veterans of the U.S. Armed Services in a May 8 ceremony at the Connecticut Convention Center in Hartford. Among the inductees were: David B. Greenfield... […]
|Location||The Storrs campus is located 30 minutes from Hartford (the state capitol), 90 minutes from Boston, 150 minutes from New York.|
|Length of Program:||5 years|
|Study Options:||Teaching and Research Assistantships (tuition waiver; stipend with masters degree $22,060; subsidized health insurance)|
|Support for doctoral student conference presentations|